yesterday I started the neck for "Dusty" today I dry-fit it to the body. a nice fir I must say, "Dusty" gets her name from the rosewood that she's made of. I love the smell of Rosewood, and it's one of my favorite guitar woods, so it only seemed natural that I make a uke from it. This was actually an old piece I've had laying around the shop for several years. it looks like she's going to be a beauty!
There area a few added features to this uke that I haven't done on the previous instruments. first is a matching heel cap (not pictured) to go along with the matching peg-head veneer to go along with the body wood. the other is a radius on the end of the fingerboard at the sound hole not a radius on the edge but if you look carefully, you will see that the end of the board has an arc to it!
As with everything I build, this has been an evolution to my skills and the instruments I make. I like the direction I'm going, and am pleased with the final results. remember to follow New Wave Ukulele on Facebook Twitter and Google+ as I move onward and upward!
Have a Tonally Awesome May Day!